I’m really pleased to announce – after many long nights and weekends spent building! – that my Little Landmarks LEGO exhibition is now open at South Shields Museum & Art Gallery.
The exhibition, for Tyne and Wear Archives & Museums, is a three month showcase of local landmarks built with thousands of LEGO bricks, and runs from June 17th 2017 – 30 September 2017
The Little Landmarks exhibition focuses on 10 landmarks in and around South Shields built with LEGO bricks. The models are all free standingng, and built in a mixture of styles, from full buildings with 360 perspectives to facades only. The 10 landmarks are:
- Herd Groyne lighthouse – the iconic red lighthouse of South Shields
- Arbeia West Gate – a model of a reconstructed model of the West Gates of the Roman fort at South Shields. Talk about meta!
- South Shields Town Hall
- South Shields Old Town Hall
- Souter Lighthouse
- The Customs House Theatre
- The Word (National Centre for the Written Word)
- South Shields Museum & Art Gallery
- Haven Point
- St Hilda’s Church
I’ve included a few photographs of the models below for those who aren’t able to make it to South Shields.
Entry to the exhibition – and the museum itself – is free; Little Landmarks runs until 30th September 2017. And if you’d like to commission LEGO models for your museum, please do get in touch!